Sunday, February 20, 2011

Follow your promptings!


I had the best experience today! Well it goes back aways to the start of the week when I went to help a sister. She needed spiritual nourishment. And I had an immediate idea - What would you say to holding a Family Home Evening here with some of the singles? She said she would LOVE that. So organising I began...

There was one man that straight away jumped into my head - Peter. But then I got distracted and all of a sudden 3 days have passed and I havent called him yet. So I think, "oh I'll just ask him at Church". But then when I see him, I think, "oh, he's probably busy, its not much notice being only one day away, ill ask him next time" (Yes procrastintaion is one of my worst habits!). But I couldnt escape the feeling to ask him.

So I got over myself and went and asked him and he said he would LOVE to, as, being a convert and estranged from his family, he misses out on those "what do you call them home meetings?" (so cute).


So that was fine. Then we went to our gospel principles class and Br Scotty was teaching and he always starts by asking us to share a happy moment from the week. So we went around and shared and then it got to Peter. And he said get this! He said "The happiest moment of my week was when Lexi invited me to a home meeting that she has organised for monday night. Its one of the things I was saying to Bishop that I miss out on because I have no family. Thats the happiest thing thats happened to me"


I was in silent tears. A simple and I mean simple invitation was the highlight of this old mans week? And I could be an instrument in that! How blessed and happy do you think I feel now? Follow your promptings (your gut instinct for my non church friends) even the smallest ones, you could just make someones day or more!
Loves xox

No comments:

Post a Comment