Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Friday 10/9/10 - I get to see my Cait!




Today's the big day. My cousin Cait is graduating from her Navy training. So for those who don''t know here's the story. Caitlin is my youngest cousin, but she's like my little sister, since I don't have any brothers and sisters (until recently acquired lol). She was born when I was 10 years old, so I was old enough to understand what a baby was and to help out. I remember my Aunty Carmel being pregnant and me wishing for it to be a girl. Maybe thats because my earliest memory of my other cousin Joseph, Cait's brother, was him biting me on the back when we were playing horse rides. Maybe thats why I wished for a girl :) But I got my wish. And me and Cait have been close ever since.








She's brilliant, a natural at everything she does and sooo modest about it, her Dad would always have to drag out of her to tell us what was the latest competiion or award she'd won. Good memories! So today is very special that I can be there. Im so glad I made it back in time, it wasnt planned, I booked my flight to the States and then she told me about her graduation. Coincidence that it worked out perfectly? I think not :).








So this morning I finally got to see my Cait! It was soo good, she did so well, she looks so grown up in her uniform! She's made great friends and loves what shes doing here! Since I always wanted to join the Navy I will now be living vicariously through her experiences :p



So proud of you Cait! You are an inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you have cait! congrats to her! what an accomplishment. nice straight hair alexis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Im glad I have her too!

    ReplyDelete