Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tuesday 28/9/10 - Tracey!

Today I had the most awesome lunch with my friend Tracey from Uni. We haven't seen each other for EVA! We talked and talked for ages. It was so good catching up, and telling her all about the States and what an awesome time I had and my plans to move there. She's so happy for me. She is a fellow USA convert, she loves the place too. That's a nice reaction!



I forgot to get a photo today, check us out Tracey, this was two years ago, July 08, we've both changed!

Other than that it was just our RS meeting tonight, which went great, some would say long lol. Love it! The spiritual thought was from the talk "Good, Better, Best" one of my faves and everyone should read it! It's about prioritising and doing what's best with your time rather than what's good.

It was so funny when I was reading this because my RS President and I had seen this picture at the Temple...
and I was trying to remember the story that went with it and this is what she told me - "Thats the two sisters that were both named Mary, weird huh?, and Jesus used to go and hang with them when he wanted to chill out" - HILARIOUS Sister Ape Doctrine lol. Anyways after I stopped lauging I realised this was the story that went with the picture and it's in that talk...

Jesus taught this principle in the home of Martha. While she was "cumbered about much serving" (Luke 10:40), her sister, Mary, "sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word" (v. 39). When Martha complained that her sister had left her to serve alone, Jesus commended Martha for what she was doing (v. 41) but taught her that "one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her" (v. 42). It was praiseworthy for Martha to be "careful and troubled about many things" (v. 41), but learning the gospel from the Master Teacher was more "needful." The scriptures contain other teachings that some things are more blessed than others (see Acts 20:35; Alma 32:14–15).








No comments:

Post a Comment