Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Monday 6/9/10 - Very last day in this beautiful country!

It's decided - I don't want to move here, I am moving here! To Utah specifically. I got my confirmation on Saturday at the Temple. It is the best feeling!

But today, I have to go home to OZ. So I left very early this morning from Lehi to get to the airport and I held it together so well till I couldnt see Carrot Soup waving anymore. Then I burst into tears. But we saw a bunch of missionaries heading out for Panama and that cheered me up. I so dont want to leave. But let me clear something up for y'all. Its not that I dont love Australia, I do, its just that I have loved this time in Utah and NEED to be here! I just know it. So, Im going to do just that, I'm going to make it happen. I have alot to organise, work, licencing, visas, accomodation etc. but Im settting my goal at one year from now. Don't worry, I will travel back and be the tour guide for everyone coming to Aus :)


So my last day will be spent in LA, I arrive at 0930 and fly out at midnight so I have alot of spare time. I have two places to see. One, Santa Monica Pier and Two, LA Temple. So I get into this taxi with the driver named David. He tries to sell me this tour of LA and hollywood etc. I told him I'd done all that and my plans. So he says "OK, everything and I wait for you, $80". Which was really good considering it was like my own personal taxi for the day! And get this... because he was waiting for me at the Temple he came into the visitors centre and watched one of the movies and wondered around and thought the Christus was amazing. Pretty cool huh. And it was beautiful the Temple and the visitors centre. Cant wait till next time when I can go inside.



LA Temple

Is this not picture perfect?

I know I am boasting but I think I did a brill job on this pic lol



Next stop was Santa Monica Pier. I got totally sunburnt, like i have a white necklace outline on my skin from where it was sitting and got burnt all round - embarrasing! See Utah sun is the only one that agrees with me. LA sun burns, so does home's lol. I'm missing everyone in Utah already, maybe it was the sun but I swear I saw Trent at the pier and had to do a double take, and then I thought I heard Lucy lol, and I keep turning around to tell Katie something but shes not there :( But all in all it was a good time.



Before I knew it, it was time to head back to my hotel and then I was off for the last time to the airport. I got there early and was one of the first to check in. Talk about blessings, listen to this.

1) I was sitting at the gate waiting and waiting, you know how it is, contemplating the fact that I was there on my own. As you know I should have been with my best friend but she changed her plans. So it was 1030 and I was so tired thinking, "Man I can't even check in yet for another hour, how am I going to stay awake?". Two seconds later I hear this voice "Alexis?". It was Denise Christie, a Sister from Northpine Ward. She's a nurse and works at my hospital too. She was in the States helping her Son and his family move back to Australia, and "conincidently" we were on the same flight home - UNBELIEVABLE!. So I spent the next hour catching up with them. Small small small world!

2) So I had two suticases (yes I accumulated an extra suitcase worth of things to bring back) to check in and one for onboard. The man checked me all in and I weighed the bags and I was fully expecting to pay for excess baggage, but he never charged me! And he asked me where i wanted to sit and gave me an aisle seat next to a vacant seat so i could get comfy. I totally expected the seat to be filled by the time it came to board because there was a sign saying this flight may be overbooked, but it stayed empty and Miss Australia here got 6 maybe 7 hours sleep! Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. i think your picture of the l.a. temple is perfection for sure! i'm glad you were able to have and be safe (while avoiding inglewood)! miss you and wish i was at santa monica pier with you.

    ReplyDelete