Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday 23/9/10 - Missionary dinner tomorrow!

Do you like my little friend I found today under the rubbish bin?

So other than exploring for frogs, today I started working again on my CV and applications. I'm going to start with Agency applications. I can't commit to a long term position anywhere so it doesn't feel right to apply unless I find something casual locally, which I'll look for too. I don't want to take on something I can't commit to.

My Uncle James and Aunty Carmel came to visit today which was lovely. Hey guess what my Uncle James has quit smoking, cold turkey, since Saturday. He looks soooo good, with that and a holiday and a shave I swear he looks 10 years younger and so fresh. Cait you would so see the difference, dang I should have taken a photo for you!

Missionary dinner tomorrow night and guess what? We have a baptism Saturday yay! I'm so excited. His name is Peter and I don't know the full story yet but it is one of those "meant to be" ones that I love love love so much. So Elder Jensen and Elder Lundt met him in on the street in Chermside and he was interested in hearing more so they referred him onto Elder Thunot and Elder Prina. They went to his street one day and saw this man who was moving house struggling to move furniture by himself and offered to help. The man says "hey I know you boys", and they said "hey are you Peter?" and it was him! Poor guy was trying to move house by himself, so the boys ended up helping out of course. And if they had gone just one day later he would have moved and he would have been lost! But they found him and then they started teaching him and now he's getting baptised. He only came to church for the first time two weeks ago! Way to go Peter! I'll be there with bells on, it's been a couple of months since I went to a baptism :)
So I'm thinking of going to Convention. It looks sooo good AND it's the last one for three years AND I'll be 30 next year and you have to be under 30 AND you have to be single and hopefully I wont be single in 3 years lol AND i have no other plans for New Years, it'll be cool to do something spectacular rather than the same old fireworks on the beach. Its 5 days, 4 nights accommodation in Sydney at Rosehill Gardens, they're going to build from scratch a whole YSA Village.




  • Thursday is registration and opening ceremony

  • Friday is activities and workshops then NYE ball

  • Saturday is sun surf and sand followed by Saturday Night Live

  • Sunday is Sunday services, service project, Sunday roast fast breaker, musical fireside and testimonies

  • Monday is still to be figured out.
Looks like a blast! My friend Tara is coming too and hopefully Honey, and we can all take a road trip down together! Brisbane to Sydney is 1000km, 12 hours drive, not quite Utah to Washington Katie but nearly lol.

Got my tickets for Ingrid Michaelson! Shes so good, Ive converted Honey now too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment