Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday 15/9/10 - Temptation Day!

My temptation – Flights to LA for a grand and the US dollar is at 94 cents! Somebody stop me…now! Luckily I’ll be busy seeing my cousin Renae and her triplets today. The kids are Corben, Tianni and Kyra and they are soooo cute. Kyra has an American accent from Dora, I think Tianni has a bit of a Scottish one, just in some words I noticed today. And Corben has his own little language, so adorable! Oh and get this, they are four years old, and Corben already is faking being sick so he can stay home from school and play video games! Renae was like "I expected that when he was in grade four not aged four!" It was great to see them all. They look really cute with their little Mickey and Minnie hats. And great to catch up with my Aunty Karen. She's good value. She made me see some things in a whole different light today, for which im grateful.



Corben



Kyra & Tianni




Kyra and Corben





Tianni





So the funniest thing. Renae asks me what the name of my church was again, so I told her you know, “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints” and shes like “Yeah that’s what I told Aunty Carnel”. So apparently they were talking about me last week before we went to Melbourne and I guess my Aunty didn’t know I was Mormon now. She was really surprised according to Renae and she went home to google it lol. So I really appreciate the fact that she really tried not to swear or say the G word when I was with her in Melbourne, I notced she was trying, that’s how I figured someone must have said something. I thought Cait must have told her, but I guess now it was Renae. I think that’s really nice of her, my Aunty I mean, you know, she didn’t say anything, she just did it, and I appreciate it.


That must have been an interesting conversation when she got home, because before I went to the States, I was telling my Uncle where I was going and when I mentioned Utah, he was like “Oh, you know that place is run by the Mormons!” I was like “oh ok” and I guess Cait hadn’t told him I was one of those “Mormons”. But I mean I didn’t want to say anything then cause then he would have felt bad. But yeah after that it must have been a funny conversation when Aunty Carmel got home lol.







Tonight I went back to Institute and yay Brother Hugo is still teaching! He's great so I loved it! Somethings changed while I was away, we have a new family in the ward and I really think they have breathed fresh air into our ward and the YSA. So tonight I felt like I was among friends at Institute rather than strangers. You know how when one door closes another opens? Well since one friendship's ended I've been surrounded by all these "new friend" opportunities. Thanks to Heavenly Father for those blessings - I'm looking forward to fun back in my life :)



1 comment:

  1. yay! i'm so glad you enjoyed institute. you definitely deserve fun in your life! so funny about your family finding out you're one of those mormons!

    ReplyDelete