Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday 22/9/10 - I thnk I've figured it out...

I've been trying to figure out what's been different, why can't I be as happy here as I was in Utah. And today I was driving to the Temple and a guy walking past smiled at me. Then it clicked, nobody has smiled at me for ages! Like really just a nice friendly smile. I was spoilt, I was getting that 24/7, so I'm really missing it!

This is our Brisbane Temple



I had another amazing time at the Temple again tonight. Every time it's been something different. I've decided that I'm going to keep a journal just of my temple experiences, I don't want to forget any of it!



The sky tonight over the Temple

Now where was I in the top 20 countdown...

Photo 2 of the Top 20
















This is Michael aka Elder Nielsen at the 1/4 mark when we went hiking up Mt Timpanogos to get to the caves. It is the second highest mountain in Utah's Wasatch range. It was amazing. The view was so good, the hike was so steep, but totally worth it. The caves at the top were even more amazing. I know we have caves here but I've never been in one. It was so cool. There was this one part where they turn off all the lights and it is pitch black, there is literally no light. I had my hand in front of my face and hit myself in the face because I had no concept of space. It was amazing, I couldn't get my head round it.







But the reason this is a special photo is because whilst I was nearly dying huffing and puffing up the mountain, Michael talked to me about the Temple, he jumped at the chance to put his missionary hat back on. It was the perfect setting for such a discussion, I mean really, just us, one RM, one convert, peace and quiet, on the side of a mountain, in Utah, talking about the Salt Lake Temple. It was great. And then after we had done the caves, the ranger, now wait her name was something so American, Becky! Ranger Becky had just got back off her mission, so asked me to share my story. And there was another man there who was helping out, kind of an off duty ranger and he was about to go on his mission with his wife. And so the hike back Michael and I got to tell my story, it was so cool because I would tell my part from my point of view and then he would tell his part from the missionary point of view, was very cool. So there we were, bearing testimonies about the temple and missionary work on the top of a mountain in Utah. It was the BEST!







(This is not my photo but its the view from the top of Mt Timpanogos, I didnt go that far lol, but you can see why I want to move to this country hey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment