Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sunday 12/9/10 - Stake Conference and buddies!

Today I made it back home from Melbourne in time to go to Stake Conference! Im so excited to see all my buddies. And it was just as good as I expected, actually it was better. I caught up with Elder Tuhoro, he was the missionary that confirmed me, hes from New Zealand, he’s still here until November. It was awesome catching up with him and telling him about the States. I swear I should be employed by USA tourism. I got to see Elder Tuhnot too, he's from Tahiti, and meet our new missionaries, I missed a whole transfer! I feel so out of the loop lol, even my mum asked when we were having them for dinner again! But im glad Elder Tuhnot’s still here, hopefully he’ll stay till he’s finished which is November aswell. Because then we can give him an awesome send off! Once they’re both gone that’s all my boys gone :( The missionaries to come have a high standard to live up to let me tell you!


I met Elder Tad R Callister too at the Fireside that was on after conference. He is our area seventy and wrote the book “The Infinite Atonement”. He came up to my friend and I that were talking and shook our hands. He was very friendly. And this time I didn't just stare and giggle. It was a great day and night! First, the youth sang and it was fantastic. Then a group of future missionaries from the stake who had had a dinner were invited to sing aswell. To see this massive bunch of strong young men and women was so inspiring! I said to my friend Jackie that I was with, imagine if they all went! There’s 3 girls from my ward and my friend Tara was up there too! You go girls! There was about 40 total I’d say. That would be brilliant! Elder Callister and his wife talked about the life of Joseph Smith. I never knew he ran for president, neither did I know that someone tried to kill him before he even went to the grove. Amazing! I have to say it was also very nice to hear the accent, I could pretend for a minute I was back in the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment