Sunday, September 19, 2010

Saturday 18/9/10 - Brisbane Temple

I had the most beautiful morning at the Temple today. It was a super early start to pick up my sisters as we were going today as the RS Presidency. I am really grateful and committed to my calling ever since going to Utah and seeing the people there commit to theirs. I dont know why there commitment struck me more than here but for some reason it sunk in. So I've come back with a whole different attitude toward my calling and the Presidency.

We arrived and I was so excited again just like in Salt Lake that I wanted to scream. When I went to the Salt Lake Temple, I love love loved it but I was torn, because I wanted to stay there forever, but I wanted to get out and scream from the rooftops how happy I was, and I knew I couldn't do that inside lol. It literally feels like im going to burst! It was an awesome morning and I cant believe the revelation you recieve. Like I thought I was already close to God, but in the Temple, man! I got another confirmation! And it makes me feel high as a kite! And Steve Fazakerley came too, it was sooo good that he was there! There was something I wanted to participate in, but wasnt sure if I could the first time in Salt Lake, and then when I knew I could, there was soooo many people at Mt Timpanogos that I was like oh well next time. And then it came time again and I was like all shy and like "Oh no, i'll do it next time" and Steve was like in the loudest whisper you've ever heard "Alexis!" and waving me on, so I was like "aye aye captain", but that's why I was so grateful Steve was there, guiding me again as he always does.

Speaking of Mt Timpanogos, I read this story on a facebook page the other day. It went like this. A man was in the Mt Timpanogos Temple and saw a picture of the mountains on the wall. He said out loud but to no one in particular, "I wonder why they have a picture of the mountains when I can just walk outside and see them". A Temple worker heard him and answered "Because this Temple will be standing long after those mountains are gone". Think about that for a minute and see if it doesn't blow your mind, it did mine. I really related to it because I was like "Hey! I've been there! I've seen those mountains, in fact I was inside that mountain!"


(The view of the mountains from Mt Timpanogos Temple)

So Steve for those of you who dont know him (and you are obviously not cool enough because all the cool people know Steve Fazakerley lol :P), Steve is an awesome guy that I met through Church. He was at my Baptism, and he was my Home Teacher. Michael used to always tell me about this guy in the ward who I should meet because he was always so on fire and learning from the scriptures all the time and that he would text the missionaries with new insights everyday. I was like sure I want to meet him! We met at my Baptism and he told me he was to be my Home Teacher - what a "coincidence" :p I remember thinking he was such a happy guy. He and my friend Yuri (Yuri's on his mission now, I am proud to say, I was his guinea pig) would come over and home teach me. They would come every week and teach me all the new member lessons. I remember it was funny because Maree (Maree my friend and roommate that introduced me to the church - a whole other story) would want us to have the lessons outside cause Steve was so loud :) He has a booming voice, but I love that, it makes Steve Steve. Steve would ring me every week to see how I was going. Then he and Katherine decided to move and had to leave the ward. Do you think that stopped Steve? Nope he still rings me once a week to see how im going. What a guy! So when we were talking and I told him I was going to the Temple Saturday, guess who was coming with me? It was special to have someone who's been on nearly my whole gospel journey to be there with me. I love Steve and his family and am blessed to have them in my life.

So inspired by my great and early start to the day, after dropping the girls home I flew to the shops and picked up a nice trolley full of healthy food, ready to start making these delish smoothies (yes theres been a slight delay in the "buying a nice new blender" to "using this nice new blender"). I got so much nice new foods to try, inspired by the chef that is Katie and Kemy and Karen Sue lol.

Then Honey and I were off for a roadtrip to Maleny. We stopped off at Wild Horse Mountain Lookout to see the view of the Sunny Coast and then the village at the Ettamogah Pub, there's a new age shop there I love. I found this time the best thing. So I've been looking for ages for something that represents the "Spirit" to me. I had this image in my head of a globe of light inside a little birdcage. The Spirit is bright but delicate and you must be careful and look after it as it cannot abide in unholy places and I wanted something visual to remind me of how I percieve the Spirit, to always remind me that if I want the Spirit with me then I need to focus on the holy, to remind me of the delicacy of the Spirit so as to do nothing that would drive it away. So anyways, I found it, its blown glass with a feather inside. It is just perfect.



Theres also a fudge store and an Australiana store. We got some pressie ideas for the homeward bound missionaries. We got lost and then eventually when we found Maleny we went night hiking through the rainforest and Katie, Kemy, it actually rained in the rainforest! And we saw a wallaby, kinda scary in the dark and the funniest warning sign for dropping seed pods, reminded me of the story of drop bears lol it said "Please be alert to heavy seed pods dropping from above" seriously?


Then to finish the night off, a fantastic dinner at an Italian restaurant, mmm the yummiest cream sauce and real accordians! Hanging out with the girls in the states has given me a taste for the nicer things in life. Like it was so much nicer to do that than drive through Maccas. Great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment