Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday 25/9/10 - Can you get addicted to the Temple? and Do I ever shut up?

So today I think I made up for my lack of things done over the last few days by having a YSA Temple Day and Baptism all in one day! Feeling very uplifted.
Which brings me to my question - Can you get addicted to the Temple? I love it there so much I don't want to leave. Today was awesome. I took a wrong turn but ended up finding a new way to get there anyway. Today was YSA Temple Day nationwide for the performance of "Temple Ordinances". Next up we have a national fast sunday for "Sacrifice" all leading up to Convention as part of Reach Up, Reach Out, Stand Up, Stand Out! It feels so good to be part of something bigger than yourself, to know that we are all in this together. I mean I know that anyways, but it's nice to have a reminder. I met a bride today woooo. Very pretty dress, and she looked so happy and content. I met another guy going to recieve his endowments, he's getting married in 2 weeks. He lives in Lismore in New South Wales which is about a 3 hour drive away. Closer for them to come to the Brisbane Temple than Sydney which is about 9 hours away. We are so lucky to be less than an hour away from ours. And I met an RM, an Aussie, went to the Adelaide-Darwin mission, and came back with an american accent lol. Funny, lovely guy though. Just got back two weeks ago. People you see and things you do at the Temple!

I was typing the program for the baptism and realised I havent been to a baptism since Alan's in June! It was really good, not as good as mine obviously but no one's will ever be lol :p. Peter is solid. It started late though due to technical difficulties AKA the white pants didnt fit lol. Elder Scurti gave a great talk about Faith and Repentance. It was the first time ever anyone's put it across in a way that I truly got it, sorry Michael lol. I told him so at the end and thanked him for the speech and he acted like no one had ever thanked him before :( A little girl got up last sacrament and said how she sends thank you notes to the speakers, I really think I should start doing it. These people need to know the difference they're making in people's lives so they keep doing it.

So I dont know what's with some people here, they are so hot and cold. It's not that they are nasty or anything, it's just sometimes you just don't know where you stand, one minute they're all happy and lovey, next they're all "hey" and cold shoulder. I've been missing Utah heaps today, guess because I've been talking about it alot today, people have been asking, they've heard rumours that Im moving to the States. I can't believe the amount of gossip. I've told a handful of people im moving and suddenly everyone knows. I've had 4 emails and 4 phone calls from work friends today. And I've had three people ask me from church today! But yeah I've been missing the feeling of being accepted, wanted, appreciated, loved :( And I don't want to sound ungrateful, I've had good things happen and have good friends around me, it's just not the same as living with Katie and the family though. Maybe I'm just being greedy, but how it felt there is how I want to feel always.

I've finally found my CV, phew thought I'd really lost it but alas I cannot find my Degree. Nearly have it all ready to go now. Im thinking it's taken me way to long to get it organised but like my Mum said to me I always have a million things on the go, she nearly said I was overcomitted, nearly lol. I would so dearly love some time to sit down and make some plans on paper. There is way too much "if, buts and maybes" floating around in my head and thats when I get into trouble, because I start to just go along with whatever is said first and before you know it I'm on a path I don't want to be going down (eg: Grad program in the Operating Theatre). To add to the mix I'm thinking of doing my post grad teaching next year before I go, I was looking at my academic transcirpt and maybe I'm only thinking this because it's been nine months since I was studying last, but I did really well and don't remember it being that hard?

Thomas (my eldest cousin, my "big bro") and Ruthy (his fiancee) rang me this morning at 4.45am thanks for that lol and I could not get back to sleep. Jo and Ritcho (my two other cousins causing havoc travelling across europe) have just arrived in Scotland so it was awesome to talk to them too. LOVED chatting to Ruthy. Remember how I said they are real straight in Scotland, say it as it is, no beating about the bush? Well I loved to hear what Ruth had to say about the whole falling out with friends and my plans to move to the States. Very frank. They've bought a new house, 4 beds, so I am most welcome to visit Ruthy said! Yay. She wants mum and dad to go too now they have a place for them. Mum and Dad are thinking of moving to Hervey Bay since they've heard of my plans. Sounds really nice what they were looking at, water views. Kemy, Katie, Michael, Brandon, you can visit the great barrier reef in a day trip from there, so it would be a good move for you guys too lol.

So Im so tired and the baptism ran way late so I missed the engagement party I was going to tonight but theres no way I would have made it driving there and back. I hope they still love me lol. I've been patiently waiting for the October Ensign to come out on the web because I am to teach RS lesson next week and it's supposed to be on the VT message. Well turns out hello its conference which = special issue = no VT message! So even better, the special issue is about family and temples, so I get to teach on Temples! Woooo hoooo cause I am so on fire with the Temple right now!


Heres the moon tonight my only company, look how much I've written, everything other than what i ate for breakfast, man I need someone to talk to. On the positive side, I'm doing really well at keeping this journal, don't know if my posterity will care about my 5am phone calls or what lessons I teach but meh. Ok lets just call a spade a spade and say I'm totally missing Utah and everyone and everything in it and that's why I am blabbering on about everything else to try and avoid it xox


No comments:

Post a Comment